City of Bowling Green Fire Department
Here At The Bowling Green Fire Department, It Is Our Mission To:
* Save lives, reduce injury, and protect property.
* Provide fire protection and suppression to the Bowling Green community to the level of training which has been received by its members and with the equipment provided.
* Provide a fire prevention program to the extent that is practical and to the best of our ability.
* Provide public education delivering a variety of programs to different audiences, including children in the schools and employees in the workplace.
* Conduct regular inspections in new and existing occupancies except one and two family dwellings to ensure that they meet fire code requirements.
* Provide basic assistance and a rescue program comparable to the training and ability of the members and to the extent that the equipment provided allows.
* Assist the community and other city departments in a manner required to the extent practical and feasible within the fire departments standard operational procedures and/or guidelines.
* Provide a hazardous materials program comparable to the training and ability of the members, and to the extent that the equipment provided allows.
* Assist neighboring fire departments with mutual aid as per our mutual aid agreement.
* Obtain the latest in training techniques and firefighting techniques to the best of our ability and within our budgetary and practical allowances.
* Determine the cause and origin of fires to the best of our ability.